RFI

Re: [RFI] Honda Generator RFI

To: "RFI List" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Honda Generator RFI
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 11:07:53 -0600
On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 10:19:21 -0600, Jim P wrote:

>It does/it can, if you saturate the particular magnetics
>selected, by improper application, which was what I
>was pointing out

What magnetics are being saturated, and how?  If all the current-
carrying conductors are going through the ferrite choke, the net
field is limited to the common-mode current, which ought to be the
noise, unless something is broken (or shorted to a conductor that
doesn't go through the choke).

I wouldn't expect a power transformer to generate RF trash upon
saturation. What else might I be overlooking?

Jim