RFI

Re: [TowerTalk] "The Socialized Power Grid"

To: jimjarvis@ieee.org
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] "The Socialized Power Grid"
From: Tom Anderson <WW5L@gte.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 07:48:23 -0500
Jim:

Those of us who live in Texas always worry when the Texas Legislature is
in session as we never know what some of those clowns in Austin might
approve.  Every so often the legislature has to come back in a costly
special session right after the regular session ends to undo or clarify
some of the junk they approved in the closing days of the regular
session.  It seems a lot of them in Austin don't often read the stuff
they are voting on.

Also, many years ago a television station caught several state
representatives casting votes for their fellow absent reps, in addition
to their own, whose desk was next to theirs.  At one time the House of
Representatives in Austin had an antiquated key system to cast record
votes.  It required a key to vote and most reps. just left their key in
the lock controlling their desk voting device all the time.  So a rep.
sitting next to them would just reach over and vote yea or nea.

I've been in the House of Representatives several times in Austin when
the legislature was not in session and most, if not all of their keys
were in the voting lock in each desk.

The TV station caught one rep. reaching all around his desk casting votes.

Its kind of like what they do in Washington when a rep ask for
permission to "revise and extend my remarks".  They insert all this
stuff in the Congressional Record that they never even said on the floor
of the House.

Tom, WW5L