RFI

Re: [TowerTalk] "The Socialized Power Grid"

To: j4976@juno.com, jimjarvis@ieee.org
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] "The Socialized Power Grid"
From: Bill Aycock <baycock@direcway.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 10:32:15 -0500
I am one of those so served. The local phone "service" says "we have no
plans to extend higher speed connections into that area". I am doing very
well for both TV coverage and Internet service with satellite links. The
cost is a little higher, but the coverage is good. I am in a rural area,
but we do have underground phone service, municipal water, and power, with
maintenance better than in town. My nearest neighbor is over a half mile
away, and it is 1650 feet from my water meter to my house.

separate subject-- the Texas Legislature, or "The Lege" as Molly Ivins
calls it. If you really want to get your laughs from the idiocy of this
bunch of idiots, see any column by this outstanding journalist. She is good.
Bill

At 09:24 AM 4/23/2005 -0500, j4976@juno.com wrote:

>What I don't ever hear mentioned is that those 5% who do not have cable
>or a phone line suitable for DSL can get high speed internet service via
>satelite.  Its very common and affordable outside the US, but here, no
>one wants to talk about it.  There's just no reason for BPL in its
>current format.

Bill Aycock - W4BSG
Woodville, Alabama