RFI

Re: [RFI] 115 KV Lines

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] 115 KV Lines
From: rrath@charter.net
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 21:02:46 -0700
Well there has been some good info given on this topic. All I have to offer is,
I have lived about 300' from a power substation. Never really gave it any
thought until I got my Ham ticket. Nothing but noise and more noise. On 80
meter I have never seen any thing less than 20 over 9 of pure noise. On
some days I get a real bonus ... 40 over 9.

I am currently working with the power companys RFI guy at our local EOC,
due to 30 and 40 over 9 of noise. It sounds just like the noise I have here at
home. He did say that the noise at the EOC is their problem.

This is what I am going thru. Just FYI.

Rod KC7VQR