RFI

Re: [RFI] N6CW TVI

To: RFI@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] N6CW TVI
From: "Kelly Johnson" <n6kj.kelly@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 12:41:24 -0700
Jim Brown would suggest the bucket treatment: dunk the TV in a bucket
of water twice; remove once.  I think that's how it goes :-)

I have a similar, impossible to fix problem with my 13 year old
Mitsubishi.  No amount of toroids, filters, or whatever have been able
to completely eliminate the TVI on 80m.  I can run QRO on all other
bands, but on 80m I get TVI with as little as 50W.  No other TV in the
house has any issues on any band.  I believe that RF is getting into
the color burst circuitry directly through the case.  One of these
days I'll replace this TV.  Until then, I use 80m only after everyone
has gone to bed.