RFI

Re: [RFI] Car laptop adaptors

To: <Mike@rfiservices.com>, "'RFI Reflector'" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Car laptop adaptors
From: "Jim P" <jvpoll@dallas.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 12:37:35 -0600
Mike, that's all well and fine, and many of us have had
similar lash-ups with gear designed to be driven from
such 12V sources ... I remember one such lash-up
we had back 'in the days' on board a turbo-prop
powered 'flying platform' where 'operating' motors
during the climb-out phase (pulling back in the Fowler
flaps) FUBAR'd a rack full of equipment's power
supplies the first time out (transients on the DC or AC
aircraft power bus that no one saw coming!)

I personally blew an LM555 in a smallish DC/AC
inverter back in the late '70's b/c of insufficeint
'buffering' on the 12V input line ... a re-engineered
+12V source to the LM555 (small series R and a
big C to local LM555 gnd) and no trouble since.

JimP // WB5WPA //