RFI

Re: [RFI] TV RFI - an update

To: "RFI Reflector" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] TV RFI - an update
From: "Dave Hachadorian" <K6LL@ARRL.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 03:41:49 -0000
So you have the catv hooked up to RF IN on the VCR and RF
OUT from the VCR goes to the TV?

Maybe you could just try some alternative hookups:

1. Switch the VCR RF output from channel 3 to channel 4
(there's a switch on the back).

2. Hook the catv directly to the TV & see if it's clean.

3. Hook VCR RF INPUT to catv in parallel with the TV through
a splitter, then take VCR composite video (RCA jack) and
stereo audio to an aux input on the TV. Even better, take
SVHS video from the VCR to the TV.

Sometimes simple measures like these can sidestep a whole
interference issue.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ