RFI

Re: [RFI] Kenwood TM-D700

To: "Jim Baremore" <Jim.Baremore@mchsi.com>, <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Kenwood TM-D700
From: "WA3GIN" <wa3gin@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2008 08:42:25 -0400
Does anyone have a variable 12dc supply that they could use with the D700
and perform some testing with voltages from 13.8 down to 11.8.  I know the
FT-857 I have doesn't like any voltage below 12vdc.

I also discovered a filter application rated at 35 amps that is really a
voltage regulator. This unit would solve any concerns about low voltage and
it claims to eliminate alternator whine, etc. Sort of nice that it solves
both problems. Go here for details http://radioproshop.com/filters/ns50.htm

73,
dave
wa3gin