RFI

Re: [RFI] Alarm Systems and EMI/EMC

To: "Roger \(K8RI\)" <k8ri@rogerhalstead.com>, "Dennis Vernacchia" <n6ki73@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Alarm Systems and EMI/EMC
From: "WA3GIN" <wa3gin@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 10 May 2009 08:09:49 -0400
Interesting,

I wonder how close one of these units would have to be...I know some U-links
here in VA are some 25 miles from the repeater...running 10-20 watts to a 6
ele yagi at 500ft ASL...seems that would spray a significant signal across
miles of area that these sensitive devices might hear and block.  The
inverse problem is interference to the U-link receivers.  Lucky for us hams
we have PL and DCT, etc.

What a hoot,
dave
wa3gin