RFI

Re: [RFI] Alarm Systems and EMI/EMC

To: "Michael Tope" <W4EF@dellroy.com>, "Roger \(K8RI\)" <k8ri@rogerhalstead.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Alarm Systems and EMI/EMC
From: "WA3GIN" <wa3gin@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 10 May 2009 08:14:54 -0400
HAHA,

That happens in DC under the TV towers.  Also, some years ago I ran 1kw on
40m from the mobile. The vehicle was a Isuzu Trooper. Just keying the radio
up would flip the door locks.  I found the controller for the keyless
system. It was loaded with diodes which had no bypass capacitors at all.  I
installed more than 20 caps and that solved the problem. Just for fun one
Sunday I drove to the dealership. Keyed up the radio and listend to about 20
vehicle doors locks opening and closing on voice peaks, haha. I told the
dealership don't know if they ever did anything.

That Isuzu was great for mobile...no significant ignition noise but brother
the door lock problem took a lot of hours of tender loving care ;-)

73,
dave
wa3gin