RFI

[RFI] No noise in house

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] No noise in house
From: chuck shinn <chuck.shinn@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 14:40:43 -0600
I wonder what bandwidth that you guys are listening for noise ? Ive been
testing my environment and keeping a log for about
2 years now and generally I open up my receiver to as wide as I can get
it. In my case that is 9KHz and using AM mode I never seem to be short
of any measurable amount of  nasty noise.  For some time now I have
recorded a S Meter reading on S 5  with bad days
approaching S 7. Since I went through and id'd all my worst offenders my
noise no longer has the raspy buzzy sound of 60 Hz AC lines as it used
to have. Anyone care to open up your receivers wide open and take a look
at your local enviro? Thanks in advance. Chas W5PG.