RFI

Re: [RFI] Linksys Router Birdies

To: Tony <dxdx@optonline.net>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Linksys Router Birdies
From: "David C. Hallam" <dhallam@rapidsys.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 13:05:54 -0500
Surprisingly enough, my severe router birdies went away when I switched
from a horizontal antenna to a vertical.  I was using an end fed long
wire and replaced it with a Butternut vertical.

David
]KW4DH

Tony wrote:
> All,
>
> What is the best method of getting rid of router birdies? I have a Cisco
> Linksys router with both wireless and wired connections. There's a long
> run (50ft) of unshielded CAT 5 cable going to the shack which I'll be
> replacing with shielded cable. I'm told the wallwart can be a source of
> RFI as well.
>
> Is there a particular brand of Ethernet cable that's shielded better
> than others?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tony -K2MO

“One of the evils of democracy is, that you have to put up with the man
you elect whether you want him or not.”  Will Rogers