RFI

[RFI] solar intertie inverter...RFI ???

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] solar intertie inverter...RFI ???
From: ny9h <ny9h@arrl.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2010 05:25:01 -0400
As i get ready to commit to a 10kw solar array, i wanted to feel
comfortable about NOT getting crud from the inverter. It's a Froniac

http://www.fronius.com/cps/rde/xchg/SID-667A94FB-BF4BC27B/fronius_usa/hs.xsl/2714_1483.htm

So i got a location where the contractor has one installed.  i drove
over to Greenberg,PA.. (40 miles away)... and found the 60 foot wide array ,,,
I was hoping to use my car 706 to tune around, but the sky above had
big hi tension stuff,,,, ( what a place to have a house ??)
I took my kenwood f6 in ssb & am .,..and probed around the inverter box.
All was quiet except at the very top of the box, where i could find
some hash.Gone within a foot distance. I take this to mean there
exists the possibility that I might be able to ear some crud if I
have this system on my property. Is it nor reasonable to believe that
I could choke what little junk is coming from the box???
I will insert a clause in the contract,  requiring the contractor to
modify the equipment or equipment enclosure to remove or reduce any
interference caused to, or from the owner's radio equipments.
But does anyone , anywhere , have any experience with the Fronius product,
being a EU build, I suspect it is actually very quiet.
tnx  bill