RFI

Re: [RFI] Anyone know if this 12v ps is RFI-clean?

To: "RFI List" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Anyone know if this 12v ps is RFI-clean?
From: "Cortland Richmond" <ka5s@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2010 15:35:54 -0400
I am having to replace a 50V 20 amp Ameritron unregulated supply with
something better regulated. I got a fairly cheap 48 V 22 amp switcher --
but knowing what they're like, I also "won" "buy it now" a lab bench 25 Amp
50V lab PS that due to age is almost certainly linear  -- and it weighs 80
lbs. That's still no guarantee; some of the Sorenson's were SCR regulated
on the front end, for all they weren't switchers, and those are noisy.

FWIW, Ameritron sells a purpose-built 50V switcher for its ALS-600
amplifier. For $700 .

They and MFJ (who bought Ameritron) also sell a 75 Amp 13.6V supply for the
ALS-500M amplifier. It's $360.

Cortland
KA5S