RFI

Re: [RFI] CFL Bulbs that are OK!

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] CFL Bulbs that are OK!
From: Michael Coslo <mjc5@psu.edu>
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2010 18:57:39 -0500
On 12/3/2010 6:29 PM, Andy wrote:
>> Is anyone keeping track of all this?
>
> What's there to keep track of??
>
> Like you say, it's all over the place.

Right. But It isn't an answer to the CFL issue.

Somewhere between "best bulbs I ever used", and "worst thing ever" are
usable answers.

I haven't had problems except in circuitry that wasn't designed for
them. I'm sitting in a house with almost all the lights being CFL's, and
going down the bands tonight, 20 had no meter movement, 40 none either,
and 80 was right about S1. The system works fine, BTW - those are real
numbers.

Yet I believe people when they say they have trouble with them, although
I tend to discount the report when the stories get a little wild.

So yeah, I would like to get some authoritative idea on what is going on
here. I mean that's why we're here isn't it?

--
-73 de Mike N3LI -