RFI

[RFI] Automobile RFI

To: "Roger \(K8RI\)" <k8ri@rogerhalstead.com>, <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Automobile RFI
From: "Diane and Edward Swynar" <deswynar@xplornet.ca>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 15:15:45 -0500
Hi Roger,

Your experience with automobile interference is certainly a far cry from
days of old, when we got our first television set (i.e. 1957)...

Every time a Ford would cruise past our house, the picture would get all
staticky, & there'd be a raucous noise coming out of the TV's speaker in
sync with the revving of the engine...!

As kids we'd jump up & look out the window to confirm the make of the
4-wheeled culprit---but after awhile, we'd simply shout out in unison,
"Ford!" until the RFI had thankfully gone up the street...

I guess they never used shielded ignition / spark cables in those vehicles
back in the day...

~73~ de Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ