RFI

Re: [RFI] Plasma TV's are killing our hobby

To: "RFI@contesting.com" <RFI@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Plasma TV's are killing our hobby
From: "Battles,Richard" <Battles.Richard@lee.k12.al.us>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2010 20:05:18 -0600
My neighbor just purchased a Samsung 50 in plasma the monday after
thanksgiving.  so i started working on my sense antennas for the timewave
anc-4.  i can cancel most of the rfi, with the two dipoles running broadside to
their house.  one dipole is real close to their house laying across the roof of
my house about 25 feet.  it works on some rfi and the other dipole is up on the
tower broadside to their house about 15 feet from the main antenna which is a
40-75 meter fan diople.  each dipole is about the 40 feet on each side, this
seems to help pick more of the rfi.  the better the gain of the dipole on the
rfi the less the noise gain has to be.  what i seem to hear is the switching
power.  i do have common mode chokes made from ft-240-77 ferrites on some of
their
equipment, but i am not sure of the plasma.  i am spending more time on the
anc-4 at this time.  also, i will be moving to the county in about 8 weeks, so
i want to learn as much as i can about sense antennas and the anc-4.
the mfj 1026 and the anc-4 to work, so don't give up.

richard
wb4byq