RFI

Re: [RFI] UPDATE: New annoying noise just started

To: jim@audiosystemsgroup.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] UPDATE: New annoying noise just started
From: Brendan Minish <ei6iz.brendan@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2011 14:48:04 +0100
On Wed, 2011-09-07 at 14:10 -0700, Jim Brown wrote:
> On 9/7/2011 1:22 PM, Brendan Minish wrote:
> > It Seems to me that It's not appropriate to have a go at the ARRL's EMC
> > volunteers
>
> You are making an assumption that is probably not true -- it is my
> understanding that ARRL DOES hire and pay people to address power
> company noise issues.

Ok, I did not realise this, it's good to hear that they hire people.

This does make it even more important that issues with with the quality
of their work and assistance offered are reported back to the ARRL.

> One of them ended up in our area to help a local
> ham who happens to be a very good EE, and who has worked extensively
> with the power company people to solve RFI issues.  He found the ARRL
> person quite condescending and not very helpful.

Again, I hope this was reported back the ARRL.
After all if you are an ARRL member you are helping to pay for this
important service so their mangers need to know how well or badly cases
are being handled.
This helps improve the quality of service offered for others.

Here (& I am pretty sure it's the same with the RSGB) the EMC/RFI
helpers are voluntary. I certainly enjoy the 'job' and get great
satisfaction from clearing up EMC issues.
If somebody had issues with the Assistance I have offered I would much
rather that they brought it up privately with Either myself or the IRTS.

Brendan EI6IZ