RFI

Re: [RFI] Samsung refrigerator RFI

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Samsung refrigerator RFI
From: Kim Elmore <cw_de_n5op@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2012 22:13:52 -0500
I guess I'm lucky: I have an LG front-loading washer and gas dryer,
along with an LG refrigerator and a Sears dishwasher (which is made
by, I think, Bosch) and I have never heard any of them. And, I
sheepishly admit to never even thinking about the RFI problems
described here when I bought them.

At one point, we had to have repairs done on the washer and I was
impressed at how much RFI suppression is in it. That may not be for
the benefit of other spectrum users but rather to keep the device
from interfering with itself, but that notwithstanding, it's radio-quiet.

Kim N5OP