RFI

Re: [RFI] Line Noise Question

To: Rfi List <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Line Noise Question
From: Tony <dxdx@optonline.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 00:33:25 -0400
On 9/10/2012 11:26 PM, Tony wrote:
On 9/10/2012 9:29 PM, KD7JYK DM09 wrote:
: The noise has been constant the last few nights Kurt. I checked early
: this morning around 4AM and it was still there.

Constant day or night? Is it 24/7, or only after sundown? Pattern, like 18
hours on, six off (typical for growing).  Does it correlate to when the
street lights are on, or maybe a timed light on a porch?

Kurt
Hi Kurt:

The noise appeared tonight just before sundown. Street lights were not on yet, but they may have been where the noise is located. The lights near my QTH came on a few minutes after the noise appeared. I checked several times during the day, but I didn't hear anything so it might be a street lamp. The timed porch light might be easier to identify since they come on exactly the same time each night.

I can't say for sure if it's 24/7 since it's only been a few days. I'll check again tonight.

Thanks Kurt.

Tony -K2MO