RFI

[RFI] Noise changes when room lights turn on / off

To: Rfi List <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Noise changes when room lights turn on / off
From: Tony <dxdx@optonline.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 01:13:00 -0400
All:

The noise that appeared this evening at 7:00pm may have something to do with AC power coming into the house. I noticed that the noise changed when I turned the shack light on and off. This video shows what happens: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYHbpLfQ1gc

There are no florescent lights or touch lamps in the house. Unplugging the shack light does not make the noise go away. Turning the shack's light switch on or off with the light unplugged does not change the noise. The noise persists with power supplies, computers and TV's turned off or unplugged.

I'll investigate further and report back tomorrow.

Thanks,

Tony -K2MO