RFI

Re: [RFI] Noise changes when room lights turn on / off UPDATE

To: Rfi List <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Noise changes when room lights turn on / off UPDATE
From: Tony <dxdx@optonline.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2012 23:08:41 -0400
All:

Just an update on the noise:

Turned off all breakers in the house except for one that powers a single A/C outlet in the shack. The noise was still there. Friend has not come through with his battery powered HF rig so I might just by a small 12 volt so I can run the rig with the main breaker turned off.

To recap:

- noise appears each night between 7PM and 8 PM.
- Continues intermittently until morning and is not heard during the day
- it sounds similar to line noise. It's wide-band about 30khz in width
- It appears every 120 kHz on several HF bands.
- noise shifts in frequency when shack light is turned on / off using house switch - shack light is not the source of the noise. It's there with the light unplugged
- noise appears on a heading that is beaming away from my QTH

Noise video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYHbpLfQ1gc

Thanks,

Tony -K2MO

-