RFI

[RFI] Need Assistance - Cable TV / Internet

To: "rfi@contesting.com" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Need Assistance - Cable TV / Internet
From: Luciano Gasparini <luciano_nachif@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2012 01:28:08 -0200
Folks,
I had been happy until recently. After a business trip, decided to work DX on
10m and figured out a noise thats reminds me cable TV/Internet leakage showed
every 66KHz on 10m and 15m. It is pretty stable.
There are strong signlas on 145.250MHz as well.
The cable TV representative told me they have been aligning the amplifiers.
I think they messed up everything and don't kmow how to fix.
I walked around the area with a FT817 with rubber duck. There are strong
interference most all the way under the cables. It looks like the shield became
a long antenna.
Any ideas on what to look for, where to look for, any literature that may help
me find the leakage spots?

I do appreciate your help.

73,

Luciano PT9KK