RFI

[RFI] Oh, happy daze!!

To: RFI@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] Oh, happy daze!!
From: Missouri Guy <n0tt1@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2012 01:40:06 +0000
Hi Gents,

The neighbor lady has been having some difficulty getting
her FENCERS to "work".  She has new "chargers", rated
for something like 10 miles, and just guessing here, I'll bet
she doesn't have them grounded to complete the circuit.

Anyway, she wants me to come over tomorrow to help
troubleshoot the problem.  Good news for me, 'cuz
I'll make sure there are no arcs, etc to interfere with my
160m receiving.

My question is has anyone tried using say, several turns
of wire around a #31 toroid core (or other filter) at the
output of a fence "charger" to reduce/eliminate any
noise from that particular source?

I realize a filter is not going to affect any spark noise from
somewhere out on the line, but just asking about the
filter at the charger output.  I was thinking that the inductance
might take the "edge" off the voltage spike generated by the
fence charger.

Any input most welcome!

73,
Charlie, N0TT