RFI

Re: [RFI] CAT 5 pairs

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] CAT 5 pairs
From: Christopher Brown <cbrown@woods.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 12:29:01 -0900

On 12/18/12 10:45 AM, rick darwicki wrote:
> Running about 70' of Cat 5 to the modem using the pair with the most
> twist. What should I do with the other pairs? Tie them together?
> Parallel them to the modem?
>
> Also, I come off the block with one pair to the shack and split the
> DSL/Phone in the shack. Is that best or should I split at the block
> and run two Cat 5 pairs to the shack?
>
> Thanks,
>

> Rick, N6PE ================================== Talk is cheap... except
> when Congress does it.

If possible, a home run of cat5/6 from the shack to the NID, dual RJ11
jack plate/brick in the shack with the highest twist pair on the DSL
rj11 and one of the others on the phone port and a "in NID" DSL
splitter.  Most DSL providers can supply/install a DSL splitter that
installs in the demark box.  Basically a impedanced matched frequency
specific splitter.