RFI

Re: [RFI] AT&T U-Verse RFI?

To: dgarnier@wi.rr.com, RFI@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] AT&T U-Verse RFI?
From: Jimk8mr@aol.com
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 16:36:05 -0500 (EST)
Hi,

I have Uverse here, with the two wire drop. I have not spent a lot of time
searching for incoming RFI, though I do note various odd occasional garbage
 signals that could be coming from almost anywhere.

We have had major problems with RF freezing up the system. I believe 100
watts on 20 meters in some cases was enough. I did add some ferrite to the
coax's going into and out of the outside box, which I believe has helped.

If you will be present when it is installed, having some ferrite handy
would be a good idea so you can include if from the start. At least, have them
include an extra foot or two of slack cable so you can add ferrite later.
This  includes on the power line from the power supply/battery backup inside
the house  to the outside box. (I don't have enough cable to add ferrite on
this  one).

As for the Uverse service, we like it a lot better than our previous Time
Warner digital cable.

73   -   Jim   K8MR

In a message dated 12/18/2012 4:01:55 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,