RFI

Re: [RFI] Oscilloscope requirements for power line noise locating

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Oscilloscope requirements for power line noise locating
From: Cortland Richmond <ka5s@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2012 10:31:57 -0500
(Hitting forehead): I should have thunk.

Didn't connect the Sadelco name to the right KIND of FS meter. Heh. Memory is the second thing to go...

I have a Holland St5128s I want to add a scope (ideally, hand held) output to. First I'll have to suppress its own display-generated RFI.

It's still pretty much the case that base-band video doesn't take a lot of bandwidth; more than audio, perhaps, but 20 KHz lets you see a lot of the envelope for signature identification. There's still portability. None of my SA's are really portable. If I get any taxes back (hah) i may buy one of the new handheld spectrum analyzers to replace the Holland. We have an EMI problem at our club station, too.

Cortland Richmond
KA5S
(Semi retired EMC Engineer
and EMC committee member)