RFI

Re: [RFI] Troubleshooting AFCI Tripping Due To Amateur Transmissions

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Troubleshooting AFCI Tripping Due To Amateur Transmissions
From: dalej <dj2001x@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2013 19:19:12 -0600
I think it would be a good idea to get both sides responses before moving
ahead.  Sometimes there is more to the story once both sides have had a chance
to explain.

A local club might have a RFI committee that might help the situation.

I have a number of GFI's in my home, perhaps more than I really need or
required by the code, none have been put out of action due to my RF and I have
capability to full legal power on all HF bands, 500 watts on six.

It seems to me there should be a reasonable solution to this problem.  Perhaps
simple chokes, 31 mix on the wiring to the GFI's. It does not sound like a very
complicated problem, IMHO.

How many GFI's does the home owner have?  More questions enter my mind, but…

I think more information needs to come forth to make a determination.

Dale, k9vuj