RFI

[RFI] Help with Buzzing Monitor

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] Help with Buzzing Monitor
From: Eric Rosenberg <ericrosenberg.dc@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2013 17:53:46 -0500
I recently purchased a used Optiquest Q9 19" "traditionally proportioned" monitor for my home office.

While otherwise okay, itemits various buzzes (tone and volume) when the colors on the page change. For example, if the screen is black, there's no noise. Clicking on various parts of the screen (tabs or background) cause the noise to change.

What can I do to stop this, other than follow K9YC's suggestion to dunk it in a bucket of water on the way to the dump!

[BTW, my Dell and Samsung shack monitors are not noisy or RFIgenerators]

Thanks & 73,
Eric W3DQ
Washington, DC