RFI

Re: [RFI] Digi-Key ‏promoting KEMET’s new series of EMI cores - Mouser

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Digi-Key ‏promoting KEMET’s new series of EMI cores - Mouser
From: WD8ARZ <wd8arz@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 04 Jan 2014 12:27:34 -0500
Comparisons can be made at Mouser using FAIR-RITE EMI Suppression Ferrite Cores..

http://www.mouser.com/MobileCatalog.aspx?page=1177&s=_wEWBh4BIwKGBR4BTAUFZW4tVVMeAVMFCjI2MzE2NjU3MDI

For example I use a clamp and cylinder type ferrite cores that I put many on my antenna and control cables for my HF mobile installation. For HF (below 30MHz) EMI clamping, look for information in the 10 MHz columns describing the material.

Type 31 material is typically used. For my amateur radio mobile operating from 2-450 MHz, I chose the Mouser Part #2631665702. It has been a few years since I did my research for that purchase, so would have to research and compare again to see what are the best at this time for this application.

Dont be shy on using multiple cores. I have seen cases where six or seven ferrites on multiple loops of the cable you want to suppress rf on is needed for the cure.... and some times on both ends and in the middle depending on length and path run conditions.

73 from Bill - WD8ARZ