RFI

Re: [RFI] LED Bulbs

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] LED Bulbs
From: Michael Coslo <mjc5@psu.edu>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 23:07:42 -0500
On Feb 13, 2014, at 10:37 PM, Ed K0iL <eddieedwards@centurylink.net> wrote:

> Making friendships with our neighbors and helping them with their
> electronics problems might get us further towards resolution than becoming a
> RF community organizer stirring up protests and ill feelings on both sides.

THIS! A thousand times this.

My neighbors on one side of me - an active duty soldier out of the country most
of the time and his wife and children who live here full time, well, I run the
snowblower over their sidewalks every time it snows, as well as help her if she
has problems.  You can bet they both appreciate it. The guy knows if there is a
problem, she can come next door any time - which has to be a big relief for a
soldier.

The other neighbors, we share goodies with, and everyone watches over each
other’s houses when on vacation, and one gives me hockey tickets when they
can’t go to a game,  and we get that couple some Omaha steaks every so often.
And I’ve fixed the odd computer or two.

I have no issues with telling them if something they have isn’t working
correctly. And they have a vested interest in acting on my problem.

Bear in mind, I don’t do this just because of Ham radio, I genuinely like to
help. But there’s no doubt - honey works a lot better than vinegar.

        - 73 Mike N3LI -