RFI

Re: [RFI] Noise...

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Noise...
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2014 22:56:40 -0700
On 3/12/2014 10:31 PM, David Cole wrote:
Thanks for the frequency list of fall off...:)   I printed that one for
my RFI file.  I too have a THF6a...

Those are for the TM-D71A. With the TH-F6A, I tune until I find decent sensitivity (and it's not very good outside the ham bands).

I've also learned to develop a simple directional RX antenna by holding the radio close to my chest and turning 360 degrees. At UHF, the F/B is quite good. Good enough that I managed to win a fox hunt with my Chicago buddies using nothing more than that. :)

73, Jim K9YC