RFI

[RFI] Back of desk grounding buss

To: rfi@contesting.com, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] Back of desk grounding buss
From: Charlie Gallo <Charlie@TheGallos.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 13:53:19 -0400
Hey Gang,
Sort of antenna, sort of RFI, more safety..

I've decided my back of desk grounding situation needs to be improved

Now, we all know the standard is a nice, thick copper buss.  Question is, how
thick? - this will then be run down to the panel/ground rod

Is Brass/Aluminum/Copper PIPE a valid alternative?  If aluminium, again, how
large (I normally have round up to about 3" diameter sitting in the shop, as
well an AL plate (various sizes, 3/16 thick up to 6" wide is everyday, and I
have angle up to 5" wide legs, 1/4" thick around, and blocks up to 2" thick and
4" wide hanging around

I intend to silver braze most of my connections, but obviously that won't work
to an Al  plate,  That I'd drill, tap, and either use studs with nuts, or screws

Again, we aren't talking the wall pass through here, but the buss at the back
of the desk

--
73 de KG2V - Charles Gallo
Quality Custom Machine-shop work for the radio amateur (sm)