RFI

Re: [RFI] [TowerTalk] Back of desk grounding buss

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] [TowerTalk] Back of desk grounding buss
From: Gary Smith <wa6fgi@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2014 06:23:40 -0700
That's what I have in my shack. It is bolted to the underside of the desk, radio, amp and so forth are attached parallel to it the outside to a 8 foot long ground rod.

How to drive a ground rod? Get short 1/2 inch id pipe nipple about 4 inches long and screw a a pipe cap in one end.

With a helper to hold the rod vertical, get on ladder where you want the ground rod to go.

Slip the pipe nipple over the grounding rod, hammer on the pipe cap. This way you won't damage the rod. Don't forget to get what's called a "Kearney clamp" to attach some old coax, (tie both inner and outer shield together) from the buss bar to the ground rod.

Its surprising how installing what I call "the rest of the ham shack install" helps.

Pardon my wandering but ... just in case, now lall on the list know how I have cured bugs in other ham's shacks.

Gary...wa6fgi