RFI

[RFI] A visit with the power company.

To: Rfi@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] A visit with the power company.
From: "Kenneth G. Gordon" <kgordon2006@frontier.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2014 11:18:06 -0700
The power company's, Avista, RFI guy came by my shack today, and spent
over an hour with me and his fancy equipment.

We determined almost immediately that "my" MAIN noise is NOT power-line
related, although there definitely are two much weaker sources of power-line
arcing. He plans to track those down and get them fixed asap.

In the meantime, both he and I compared his fancy instrument's output vs
the output of my own rig vs two .WAV recordings of grow-light interference,
and we both agree that the similarities are quite striking: almost 100% in fact.

I am going looking on foot later today. I am within an ace of accepting the
fact that one of our neighbors is operating a grow-light or something very
similar to one, and I know which neighbor it is too.

More later.

And thank ALL of you for your very valuable help on this mission.

Kenneth G. Gordon W7EKB

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway."--- John   Wayne