RFI

Re: [RFI] ARRL to FCC...

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] ARRL to FCC...
From: Jim Smith <jimsmith@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2014 01:42:31 -0700
Hmm... If you're in an illegal state would there be any benefit/risk in simply reporting your suspicions to the DEA along with documentation linking grow op lighting to RFI and your current RFI environment?

Seems to me to be a low risk way of dealing with individual problems. Also, if the DEA has a lot of success with this the word may get out that grow ops shouldn't use certain lamps.

Maybe teach DEA how to DF these sites themselves? Could maybe provide justification for asking for a search warrant.

And, getting a little further out, maybe they could subpoena the FCC for info on all the horrendous RFI complaints which fit the grow op profile which they could follow up on. Hope you didn't hurt yourself when you fell off your chair laughing...

Best of luck with your efforts at containing this soon to be viral problem.

73, Jim VE7FO