RFI

Re: [RFI] RF getting into 4-port wireless router - progress

To: Ken Gordon <kgordon2006@frontier.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] RF getting into 4-port wireless router - progress
From: dalej <dj2001x@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2015 03:32:51 -0600
You're making progress.  Get one of those little testers for checking outlet
wiring.  You might find some more strange things going on in your house.

Dale, k9vuj

On 14, Jan 2015, at 21:33, Kenneth G. Gordon <kgordon2006@frontier.com> wrote:

OK, Gang, two things have changed since I removed and rolled up the 30+
feet of #8 useless ground wire to the panel:

1) The lights in the shack no longer change brightness in time with the
keying of my rig and amp. It was very slight, despite the fact that I had
the amp on a dedicated 120 V line, but it was there. Now it is no longer
in evidence. Zero: zip: nada.

2) It appears that I am no longer getting into my 4 port wireless router.

3) There is no more "weirdness" with the basement GFCI.

There MAY be an additional effect:

4) It is POSSIBLE that my overall noise level, which has been a constant
10 dB over S-9 on 80 meters, is now only S-9. I find this last to be
particularly hard for me to believe, but it sure looks like it is a fact.

Now, the larger question: if this is so...WHY is it so? I am more
mystified than I was to begin with...

And, BTW, the ONLY thing I have done so far is deal with that useless
panel ground wire.

I also suspect that what I had thought was the lights dimming in time
with my keying was exactly the opposite: they were getting brighter with
my keying.

I am going to go buy another 4 ea 8' ground rods tomorrow...

I now have just loads of #8 solid copper with which to tie them all
together. :-)

Ken W7EKB