RFI

[RFI] Line filters for VHF?

To: RFI@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] Line filters for VHF?
From: N1BUG <paul@n1bug.com>
Date: Wed, 20 May 2015 15:04:54 -0400
I have been wondering about this for a while. AC line filters for HF are everywhere. Most are characterized up to 30 MHz. Are there some that work well at 147 MHz? I got tired of digging through data sheets as they all seemed to be for HF.

At the moment I'm trying to stop RFI from a computer. When "sniffed" with a detector the case seems quiet but the AC power cord certainly is not. The first three Fair-Rite 0443164251 snap on cores helped but adding more after that didn't. The line cord and associated wiring in the building is still radiating noise.

Thanks,

--
Paul Kelley, N1BUG
RFI Committee chair,