RFI

Re: [RFI] PC Speaker "Buzz"

To: Tony <dxdx@optonline.net>, rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] PC Speaker "Buzz"
From: "Frank N. Haas KB4T" <utility.rfi.pro@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2015 20:38:19 -0400
Try a .1 uF disc capacitor across the speaker leads at each end of the
speaker wire. That's the cheapest way. Add ferrite as needed to add to the
caps.

Snap on Mix 31 ferrites with appropriate inner diameters for the speaker
wire should do the trick. If 3 or more snap ons don't kill it, you should
consider figuring out how to reduce the RF in the shack.

2.5 inch donut style mix 31 ferrites can be used individually or placed
together to create a super choke. I've had success with those for high
levels of RF. But the donuts are not cheap.

Good luck.

73,

Frank N Haas KB4T
Utility Interference Investigator