RFI

Re: [RFI] PC Speaker "Buzz"

To: Tony <dxdx@optonline.net>
Subject: Re: [RFI] PC Speaker "Buzz"
From: "Kenneth G. Gordon" <kgordon2006@frontier.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2015 00:40:26 -0000
On 30 Jun 2015 at 20:08, Tony wrote:

> All:
>
> What is the best method of reducing RF getting into ones PC speakers? Is
> it best to use ferrite beads and toroids in mix 31, 43 or a combination
> of both?

I had a next-door-neighbor who complained about my getting into her computer
speakers. I fixed the problem by GIVING her a set of speakers in which I had
added disk-ceramic bypass capacitors directly across every speaker lead into
and out of the speakers.

She still has my speakers.

Her own speakers were still receiving interference when they were completely
disconnected from both the computer and their power supply with all wires and
the speakers lying on the floor..

Ken W7EKB