RFI

Re: [RFI] Auto quieting

To: "rfi@contesting.com Reflector" <RFI@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Auto quieting
From: w6rgs@cox.net
Date: Sat, 03 Oct 2015 18:48:40 -0700
The "whine" is usually caused by your alternator. While it can sometimes be faintly heard when your alternator's diodes are fine, it can get much louder as the diodes fail. Try listening to the noise at the same time you're varying the load on the alternator, such as turning your headlights on and off.
Bill W6RGS