RFI

[RFI] Laser Christmas Lights

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Laser Christmas Lights
From: "Karin Johnson" <karinann@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2015 17:43:36 -0500
Does anyone on the list have an audio recording of what the Laser Christmas
Lights sound like?
I have two suspicious pulsed type broadband interference signals on 40
Meters.
One is about 40 kHz wide the other is about 8 kHz wide.  Each on a different
center frequency
Both pulsed sounding like a pulsed buzz saw.  Distinctly different
spectrums.
Both of these signals seem to turn on around sunset locally here.
I don't hear them during the daylight hours.
I have a National HFDF loop on order and until I get it I really can't track
it down if it is local here.
I did a walk around about two days ago and there are three of these light
machines
in my immediate neighborhood and couldn't really detect the same type of
interference
audio on my TecSun PL-660.  But that doesn't mean that there might be others
at a farther
distance from my home.  The dipole I have up hears better than the portable
with its internal antenna.

Karin Anne Johnson  K3UU
Palm Harbor, FL