RFI

Re: [RFI] 15 M noise

To: "EDWARDS, EDDIE J" <eedwards@oppd.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] 15 M noise
From: Don Kirk <wd8dsb@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2016 09:30:19 -0400
While I totally agree that "diplomacy is the key to getting a good
resolution", during my last two cases of RFI direction finding and
resolution with the property owners, it was not until I advised them the
consequences of not addressing the interference that I was able to obtain
action from the property owners (both were commercial properties).

In both cases the commercial property owners had to purchase input line
filters for their variable speed drives, but in both cases it took over 6
months to get them to comply and it was not until I mentioned that inaction
on their part would result in an official complaint being filed with the
FCC that they took me seriously.  I hate even mentioning the FCC, but when
they start getting very defensive and especially non responsive it has
proven time and time again to be the method that moves things off dead
center for me.

Note: when I first track down the interference I make a video of the
interference and post it on youtube so the property owner can take a look
at it and has a better understanding of the interference issue, and after
we resolve the problem I bake brownies and cookies and hand deliver them to
the property owner.

Don Kirk (wd8dsb)