RFI

Re: [RFI] MFJ 5008 ultrasonic receiver

To: Hisashi T Fujinaka <htodd@twofifty.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] MFJ 5008 ultrasonic receiver
From: "qrv@kd4e.com" <qrv@kd4e.com>
Date: Sun, 22 May 2016 11:49:19 -0400
Have you looked at the new LimeSDR as the core of such a device?

https://www.crowdsupply.com/lime-micro/limesdr

100 kHz – 3.8 GHz

David KD4E

The APS RFI guys have the RADAR ENGINEERING ultrasonic receivers and
they are very marginally better than my homebrew.

They have a receiver now that is very effective - They can record the
waveform of the noise you hear - (they prefer to record from your
antenna ) then go in search of that matching waveform. If I was going
to spend any serious dollars on finding powerline arcing - I would do
someting that duplicates that ability .

I have tuned loops - and an ICOM R10 rx which is pretty effective but
nowhere near as good as the APS receiver . Have you looked at W0IVJ's
VDSL recording with a SDR -- that plus some way to record the waveform
would be great .

73 Hank K7HP

--

*David* KD4E
ARES-EC Bulloch County, Nevils, Georgia USA

Safe & Secure Search Engine: duckduckgo.com