RFI

Re: [RFI] Noise - where do I start?

To: "'James Gordon Beattie, Jr.'" <w2ttt@att.net>, <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Noise - where do I start?
From: "thoyer" <thoyer1@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2016 09:57:02 -0400
Hi Gordon,

Can't say for sure about the solar panels. I'll have to take a tour of the
neighborhood with a portable.

About 10 minutes after I made the posting, noise stopped. All bands returned
to the noise level I'm accustomed to.

I would think that would rule out a utility issue which is too bad as my
local utility is usually very responsive to these things. Would have been a
couple phone calls to get into the que.....

Looks like tours of the area and some logging of when I hear the noise is in
order. My radio play time is very limited so finding a trend may take some
time / effort on my part.

Thanks for the insight.

Regards

Tom