RFI

Re: [RFI] led bulbs

To: "rfi@contesting.com" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] led bulbs
From: Wes Stewart via RFI <rfi@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2016 22:26:06 +0000 (UTC)
> On Sep 29, 2016, at 3:31 PM, Cortland Richmond
> <ka5s@earthlink.net> wrote:
>
> On 9/29/2016 2:15 PM, Dave Hachadorian wrote:
>> These bulbs are even more inefficient than the regular old
>> incandescent bulbs - fewer lumens for the same power draw.
>
> True... but they keep the pipes in my basement from freezing.
>

> Cortland
> ka5s
Something the bureaucrats will never understand.  In a heating climate with a
building using resistance heating, an "inefficient" incandescent bulb isn't
inefficient at all, it's just a heater.
Besides, how are you going to help your kid with their school project of
building an egg incubator using an LED bulb?