RFI

Re: [RFI] Re-wiring station

To: "Kenneth G. Gordon" <kgordon2006@frontier.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Re-wiring station
From: Robert Nobis <n7rjn@nobis.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2016 21:50:51 -0700
Ken,

As I recall, the CAT5 or CAT6 specifications do not actually specify that each
pair have a different number of twists per inch. They do specify that all pairs
be less than 38mm per twist and that pair twist lengths shall be chosen to
ensure compliance with the transmission requirements of the standard. In
practice, I believe manufacturers are using different twists per inch on the
wire pairs in order to meet the specifications for cross-talk.

At any rate, I don’t believe the original question was concerning Ethernet
cable.

Reference https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/cat6-versus-cat5.246719/

73,

Bob Nobis