RFI

Re: [RFI] Antenna Polarization Tests

To: Bruce Jungwirth <k0son@frontiernet.net>, Lee STRAHAN <k7tjr@msn.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Antenna Polarization Tests
From: Tom Thompson <w0ivj@tomthompson.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2017 15:34:33 -0600
Bruce,

True, but that is the polarization you see from an RFI source in a residence.

On 6/13/2017 2:31 PM, Bruce Jungwirth wrote:
>From the pictures, the testing was not in free space, nor in an RF test
chamber, therefore, there will be reflection both from the ground as well as any
nearby objects which will effect the polarization of signals at the receiving
antenna.

Sent from my iPad

On Jun 13, 2017, at 2:42 PM, Lee STRAHAN <k7tjr@msn.com> wrote:

So Tom,
   Am I reading your data correctly, I see only a 9.7 dB difference as the loop
is rotated from broadside to inline with the vertical source in the first two
columns of A and B. Or am I missing something? My Eznec models of loops show at
low angles a near perfect null for vertical polarized signals broadside to the
loop and a near perfect null for horizontal polarized signal inline with the
loop? As in your A and B tests .
Lee   K7TJR    OR