RFI

[RFI] Ferrite "Loss Factor @Frequency"

To: "rfi@contesting.com" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Ferrite "Loss Factor @Frequency"
From: Kim Elmore <cw_de_n5op@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2017 20:20:13 -0500
As I was perusing type 31 material the Fair-Rite web site, I ran across a a material characteristic that is new to me: "Loss Factor @ Frequency." For type 31 material, the units are in 10e-06 MHz, the symbol is Tan δ/ µi and it's 20 @ 0.01. How do I interpret this characteristic?

Kim N5OP

--

Kim Elmore, Ph.D. (Adj. Assoc. Prof., OU School of Meteorology, CCM, PP SEL/MEL/Glider, N5OP, 2nd Class Radiotelegraph, GROL)

/"In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is." //– Attributed to many people; it’s so true that it doesn’t matter who said it./