RFI

Re: [RFI] "No RFI" LED bulbs

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] "No RFI" LED bulbs
From: Dave Cole <dave@nk7z.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2017 15:44:39 -0700
What if you:

A. Are in teh garage, and have the light on, and someone wants to open the door.

or

B.  If the door is open, and you want to close it.

73s and thanks,
Dave
NK7Z
http://www.nk7z.net

On 08/15/2017 03:04 PM, Chris L. Parker wrote:
Greetings,

An RFI free LED bulb is a very welcomed product for any ham.  But maybe someone much
smarter than me can explain why a Genie garage door opener would need one. I'm pretty
sure my garage door opener receives the "open door" command from the RF remote
and then raises the door and turns on the light.  I think the light is unpowered until
after the open command is received.  Are they concerned about RX interference to
subsequent commands after the bulb is on?

Chris
AF6PX